Laminating is a great way to give documents and display materials a high quality long-lasting finish; making it the essential final stage step when presentation or protection is needed for your printed materials. Here are some tips for achieving lamination perfection:
- Make sure you’re using the right pouch setting on your machine for your chosen laminating pouch.
- Before laminating valuable items do a test run with a similar item in size and thickness.
- Always put something in your pouch – never laminate a completely empty pouch. This will cause too much of the adhesive pouch to be exposed to the rollers causing a build up which will jam and stop your pouches from gliding through.
- Trim laminated materials after laminating, not before. Be sure to check out the full range of Fellowes Trimmers and Guillotines – ideal for cutting and trimming your laminated materials.
- Experiment with different micron thicknesses and pouch finishes – it can make a real difference to the finished result.